Today my oldest turned 8. Sometimes it seems like so long ago, and sometimes it seems like just yesterday. I have grown up a lot in 8 years, you have to when you're a mom. I love him even though sometimes he is grumpy and difficult. Mr. X is a quirky kid, but that's OK because it is who he is. He is my techie and one day is going to have amazing skills. He already has decided that his favorite OS is Linux-Mint. He wants a computer with Linux-Mint. Unfortunately, our printer doesn't work with Linux so there will be no letter writing on Linux-Mint or Ubuntu for that matter. You see, my house has been overrun by my techie husband and son. WB is going to school for Computer Networking and Security and is learning all sorts of crazy things. We now have 2 operating systems on our laptop and when you boot the computer, you need to select which one you want to use. We also have at least one other OS hanging out on CD that we can use to boot the computer. Mr. X knows how to do that. It's crazy, but it's the world I live in. Anyways, I digress. So today he turned 8 and we did just a little something this afternoon. We are hoping to have a party for him Saturday with his friends but we will see how that turns out with it being summer and all.

His small pile of gifts. Doc picked out the wrapping paper.
Reading his card from his brothers...
It had a rocket on the cover. Again, Doc picked it out. :)
We got him an Adventure Bible. He has been asking for that for weeks.
Oma & Opa got him a few writing/school supplies and some clothes.
He really seemed to like the notebook Oma & Opa gave him. If you notice in the picture above, he is hugging the notebook under his arm as he looks at what else is in the bag.
Trying out his new jean jacket from Oma & Opa.
Doc got him a hero factory robot and some Ben 10 figurines. Doc was SOOO excited to pick out a gift for Mr. X and then to give it to him. Very sweet. <3
Mr. X blowing out his 8 candles. We just got a small ice cream cake with nothing on it for today since it was just the 5 of us. We will do something different for his party.
Mr. X seemed to enjoy his gifts. He got a few other things like clothes, a Magic Treehouse book, a gift card, etc. I know my mom is going to be sending him something as well. I can't believe that he is going into 3rd grade! Time flies!
These next couple pictures were of the beautiful rainbow out our back door yesterday.
It was a faint double rainbow.
At one point you could see the whole arch. It was neat.
And I'll leave you with this, my facebook post today:
Happy Birthday to (Mr. X). You are sweet, kind, and helpful. You are my King Obvious. I can count on you to make me laugh with your goofy, random statements. You are my oldest and are my reason for being where I am today. I love you to the moon and back. Today I have been a mom to a special boy for 8 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment