Thursday, June 2, 2011

Books and then....

I love to read. I read just about anything I can get my hands on. I read a variety of books. I read magazines. I read blogs. I love to read and thankfully, so far, my children love to read. That said, I'm struggling to get through "The Girl Who Played with Fire". I struggled with the first book in this trilogy and then didn't pick up the 2nd until months later. I'm reading it only because I craved to read something and this is what I had on hand. I can't figure out if it's the style of writing, the crudeness/crassness, the immorality, the harshness, the crazy in depth detail of everything in the book that I feel detracts from the story, or if it's just simply the story not grabbing my attention. Either way, it's a struggle. I likely will continue to read it because it's a book, but I think it's time I pick up the Left Behind series again. My new friend has the entire series and has offered to let me borrow the books. I'm excited to read it. I started reading it a long time ago and then just stopped one day. I don't recall why but I want to get through the whole series this time. Then I want to get into a bible study that talks about the end times because I want to see what the Bible says about the end times vs just a fiction book series. What books do you enjoy? Any recommendations?

Remember I mentioned that I like reading blogs? I read this blog just before starting this post. It is incredibly moving and I think everyone should read it. In the end, it's not about how much money you have to help, it's not about what you have or don't have, it's about Jesus and recognizing how blessed we are. It's about prayer. If you can do nothing else, you can pray and pray fervently with your whole heart.

Next-Door

Just a sneak peak courtesy of Shaun Groves.

No comments:

Post a Comment