Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm singing in the rain!!! ...

Wait...no...that's not right. Fighting bad guys is more like it! But, we will get to that in a minute. I like the warmth. I really do and it's definitely the lesser of two evils (hot and cold) in my book. However, this incredible FL heat is starting to drain me. I'm starting to get tired of it after 3 months of it and now that school has started....well I feel like we need a break. Thankfully, the almost daily rain we get brings relief, short relief, but relief just the same. That's one good thing about rain in FL. The other good thing is that even though it's raining, the rain isn't cold and you don't freeze once wet. So, bearing that in mind, I let the boys play in the rain for awhile a few days ago. Doc and GQ had a blast! Mr. X prefers not to be rained on so after experimenting with his mini weather station, he went back inside.


Mr. X's rain gauge. He filled and emptied it at least 3 times!


 We had a puddle that was more like a stream at the end of the driveway.



The kiddos filled up water guns and used those to fight the "bad guys". Basically they filled it up at the end of the driveway and ran up to the garage. Then they would spray the water out at the driveway to get the bad guys. Doesn't GQ look like he's having a blast?!



Doc was concentrating hard on filling the water gun up.

The boys did not want to go inside. Finally, I told them they needed to go inside after fighting one more bad guy. Doc told me he got him. He then proceeded to peak out of the garage to the side yard and said "Oh the alligator just got the last bad guy!" Apparently we now have bad guy fighting alligators teaming up with our boys. (For the record, we have not seen an alligator nearby since the one was removed from the pond.)

1 comment:

  1. That is too cute!!! Glad Mr. X likes his weather station! :D

    ReplyDelete