Isn't that huge?! Gross!
I love that my kids are becoming more independent. Doc likes to do everything himself. For Christmas last year, my parents got Mr. X a weather station. It tells you the indoor temp and outdoor temp as well as a few other tidbits of information. There is also a guy on it that dresses weather appropriate so you know how to dress for the weather outside. Doc has started looking at it in the morning when it's around 70*. The weather guy dresses in pants and t-shirt. Naturally, Doc insists that he must wear pants for the day too. What he doesn't understand, no matter how much we try to explain it to him, is that it will be 90*+ by lunch time or shortly there after.
See the weather guys dressed in swim trunks?
And this is Doc wearing jeans because at the beginning of the day, the weather guy was in pants.
We had another fun afternoon at the pool. It was cloudy though and the water was a bit chilly this time. We didn't stay super long but long enough for the kids to have fun and tire out good for bedtime. I took pictures on my phone but of course can't get them to upload now. I will try to fix that and get the pictures posted. Anyways, the kiddos are all getting more comfortable in the water which is good. We can get each of them to happily take of the life vests a little bit. GQ started inching along the wall. Doc started jumping off the edge of the pool (more like walking off but he was trying to jump). He would go under water briefly and the life vest would bring him up pretty quickly. Then he would smile huge and tell us, "I like being under water!" He did that a few times. Mr. X will take his life vest on and off when he chooses but will only stay in the shallow end with his feet touching bottom. He refuses to try to swim. We'll get there. He is at least getting comfortable enough to take off the life vest and he tries to swim while wearing the life vest. Baby steps I suppose.
In other news, we are suspecting that GQ doesn't like his bed. Right now, it's just the converted crib. He loves our bed and his brothers' beds. However, we find him regularly sleeping on the floor in his room. I'm not sure what the deal is. Tonight, when I put him to bed, he beat me to his room. I found him lying on the floor with his blanket pulled up to his chin ready to go to sleep, hands folded waiting for prayers. It was so sweet, but I feel bad just walking away with him sleeping on the floor. I pulled his mattress off the crib and laid that on the floor and he was happy enough to climb onto it so he is going to sleep on the mattress on the floor tonight I guess. We will see how it goes. We are working on getting a new mattress for our queen bed and then we will shift around beds and GQ will have a real, big boy bed. Maybe then he will like it better.
No comments:
Post a Comment