Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Trip to the COLD

I haven't updated in awhile. We have been busy as always with Christmas, our trip north, school starting back up, and potty training. We took a quick trip north to meet our new niece and spend some time with family over New Years. It was about 5 days total I suppose but we were really only there for about 2.5 days since it's such a long drive. The kids were THRILLED to get to see snow and make snow angels. The drive home was slow going at first due to the roads. I didn't get any snowy pictures since I was the one outside with the kids and my gloves simply were not warm enough. I do not miss the snow and cold but it sure was good to see family.



The kids played outside with their cousin.



Mr. X apparently wasn't feeling well and fell asleep with Opa. He then promptly threw up all over when we hauled him upstairs to get him ready for bed.




Our sweet new niece. Loved cuddling with her!


The kids loved the rocking chairs. It's been so long since they've sat in one. The floor is slanted (it's an old farmhouse) and GQ would rock the chair right across the floor.

When we first got there, it was in the 40s which is still chilly compared to the temps we left. The very next day a winter storm blew threw and it was barely 20! I froze but then again I freeze in 50 degree weather. We rang in the new year with my parents and WB's parents while playing pinochle. It was wonderful. We also had time to visit WB's grandparents. It was a short but very sweet visit.


We came home to short-sleeve weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment