Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dinner with Family

It's not often we can say we had dinner with family these days. It's so different being so far from family. Some days it seems perfectly normal and other days it just doesn't seem right. Like yesterday and today. My uncle's mom died and we are so far away. It just doesn't seem right to not be able to do anything for him....to not be there for him. I'm glad my dad is there for him. Anyways, on Sunday my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came over. We had a nice dinner and the kids got to play outside. A, my nephew, is getting brave. He tried to jump off the play set! I couldn't believe it. That's another new development. We got a play set from the neighbor for cheap. They are moving out of country and couldn't take it with them so they sold it to us for cheap. The kids love it. I can't wait until we have a fence. We've also been potty training G. He's doing OK but we are still having regular accidents. Usually about once a day. Once he's doing better and we have a fence, I look forward to being able to send them outside to play while I get dinner ready. Let them run off some of that extra energy before they come in to eat and go to bed. We have big windows across the back and can see most of our backyard from the kitchen. I think they will like being able to play outside more. We got some really cute pictures.


GQ telling Daddy about his hand that got stepped on.


 A sliding on his own.


Doc is almost always happy.


I absolutely love this picture of A. He reminds me so much of my brother (his daddy so of course that makes sense).


Swinging like a big boy!



A has figured out how to climb up on his own.

My brother's dog is going to come stay with us for a weekend in a few weeks. That will be interesting. I imagine the kids will love it but they will be wound up for the first little while I'm sure. The dog is pretty good though. We will just need to do our best to take her outside for walks each day. Anyways, that's all for tonight (not like I write much anymore anyways). For now, I'm watching my Red Wings play.

No comments:

Post a Comment