Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Doc!

Apparently, now I only blog for birthdays. I don't know what happened. We've just gotten busy and blogging has fallen by the wayside I suppose. I need to try to get back to taking pictures and blogging. With summer coming up, hopefully I will be able to blog more.

Anyways, yesterday Doc turned 5. That boy is so sweet and compassionate. I love how he looks out for others and always wants to help. He is empathetic and hates to see another kid upset. He always wants to fix things and make them feel better. Other than that, Doc is all boy, rough and tumble. He even says he doesn't like "girly" things, such as songs and colors. His favorite color is still red but he now says he likes all the boy colors. Doc is into superheroes. He wants to be a superhero when he grows up, or a policeman. Sometimes he still says he wants to be a firefighter. It definitely fits his personality so I don't see him wavering from that anytime soon if ever. He loves all the superheroes and is so excited for his superhero cake on Saturday. My aunt was so sweet and sent him superhero shirts and Spiderman socks for his birthday and that is all he wants to wear every single day!


This was this morning. His Green Lantern shirt was freshly washed so he HAD to wear it. He has worn his superhero shirts the past 4 days in a row now. He has a Green Lantern shirt, Superman shirt, and Batman shirt.

Yesterday we celebrated his birthday a little bit with him and then on Saturday, he will have his birthday party. To celebrate yesterday, we brought cupcakes to school for his class.


I made Doc a special all red one just for him. He was so excited about it!


When he got home, he had his gifts from our family waiting for him.


Mr. X has a book fair going at his school this week and bought a Ninjago book for him and Doc to share so they were looking at that for a few minutes before getting to the present opening part.


 Doc had a package waiting for him outside the front door from his Oma and Opa.


They all love getting mail!



He got Lightning McQueen velcro balls. I'm not sure what they are really called but I remember them from when I was a kid. The cool thing is, the ball isn't a tennis ball but rather a bean bag.


He also got a Mickey Mouse ball hop.


Sorry the picture is blurry. He was having a grand ol' time bouncing on his ball hop.


And a Pop-up Tent!


I think they like it!


GQ got him one of the hero factory guys that he wanted.


Mr. X got him another one that he wanted. Of course, Mr. X had to help him look at it and was very excited about it too.



And he got a Green Lantern planet from us. He wanted the big cave but they didn't have it at the store when we went. He was thrilled with the planet anyways and calls it his Green Lantern cave.

I asked him what he wanted and got the few things that we could find at the store. He had listed about 4 different hero factory guys and they only had those 2. I think it's OK that he didn't get everything he asked for though. I try to teach my kids to enjoy the more important things in life like friends and family over materialistic things. I am blessed that my two oldest boys believe in Jesus (I don't think GQ gets it quite yet) and love church. To me that is more important than what we have. Nothing is greater than having Jesus! We are looking forward to celebrating Doc's birthday with friends on Saturday and then life will settle down a bit. WB only has one class for a couple months and he will be home every evening now. We are excited to have some family time back and looking forward to doing things with the kids this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment