Game day for us is Red Wings. We had a great day today. We went to church this morning (the boys love this church and I'm so glad for that) and headed over to my brother's to watch the game.
The boys love wearing their sunglasses and they get to do that a lot here! This is on our way to my brother's.
I love all the water we have down here.
Anyways, back to game day..... We won!!! The boys loved spending time with my brother and his family. It was a great afternoon. Hockey isn't really a big sport to follow but up in Michigan it wasn't totally unheard of. Down here, it's all about football. I just can't get into football so I'll stick with my hockey. It was neat to see another car on the road with a Red Wings sticker today on our way to watch the game. I don't understand the sports culture and why some sports are more prominent than others. Football seems to be a big deal nationwide but the rest just aren't huge. At least not that I know of. Maybe I'm just not into sports enough. Many of the hockey players come from other countries too like Sweden and Canada. Since hockey isn't that big here, I haven't fully figured out why they come here to play. Either way, I'm glad that they keep hockey alive here. Watching hockey games, especially the Wings, is no longer a luxury I have. I use to be able to watch every Wings game on TV and now I don't get to watch many at all. I have an app on my phone that will tell me when someone scores during the Wings games so I rely on that a lot. Yesterday I wasn't so sure we would be able to go to my brother's to watch the game.
GQ wasn't feeling the best. He woke up from his nap with a 102* fever. He lounged on the couch for a bit and then ate dinner. After dinner he had his bath.
He tried to smile so hard for the camera with his rosy little cheeks. He still wasn't feeling well and shivered throughout his bath. After bath time, he went right to bed. He woke up this morning feeling great. The big boys had baths last night too. After bath they like to style their hair.
These are Doc's horns. He thinks they look like Batman's ears so he insists that we help him style his hair this way. He loves Batman.
The other style they like to do is "J-style". My sister's boyfriend styles his hair this way and so the kids and my mom dubbed it "J-style". They think it's hilarious....probably because it's spiky.
Not thinking about it, I put my kids in their Red Wings attire yesterday, which meant no game day attire to be had today. Maybe next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment