Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's and Other Stuff

Happy Valentine's Day! We don't usually do a whole lot for Valentine's. I expected this year to just pass unnoticed since we are monitoring our budget while we pay for 2 houses. We spent the day just hanging out and getting things done that needed to be done. GQ passed his hearing test with flying colors! Doc did well in speech. I finally have my new driver's license after 3 trips to the tax collector. I would say it was a productive day. We also just spent time hanging out.


The boys love climbing all over Dad. It's good to see them having fun.


Notice Doc has Batman on. This is a T-shirt with a long sleeve under it since the day started out chilly. That started back in MI when he insisted on wearing his summer Batman PJs during winter. The house was too cold for that so we compromised. He could wear the Batman PJs over his winter PJs. He thought it was great!


GQ took a dive onto Doc and they conked heads. WB just goes with it. They smacked heads so hard you could hear it and yet neither of them cried.


This all started because WB laid down to stretch and Doc climbed on. Of course, GQ couldn't be left out of the fun.


Brothers handing out. Doc misses Mr. X while he's at school all day. We got Mr. X the leapster for the long car rides and we use it as a privilege for having a good day at school. Unfortunately, he gets sucked into it and it's hard to get him to put it down sometimes. It does wonders for keeping the kids occupied in the car and quiet in restaurants though so I consider it a necessary evil. We limit him to about 30 min a day but he can't jump between that and the TV....it's one or the other. After dinner, WB surprised me with a card from him and a card from the boys. They also gave me a box of chocolates (I love my sweets) and a meditation book for mothers. It has passages and verses in it. It was the perfect reminder on Valentine's Day of how blessed I am. I have a such a wonderful, sweet husband that would do just about anything for me. He takes great care of the kids while I'm working and does his best to help out around the house. I couldn't ask for more!

On another note, I just wanted to mention Congenital Heart Defects. I believe today ends the week of CHD awareness. I am not going to go into all the factoids of CHD because I don't claim to know them all. The heart is an amazing, intricate organ in the body and it is vital to the functioning of every other system. CHDs are heart-breaking for the families facing them. I have followed a number of blogs about kids with a CHD and I see them in my line of work. I can only imagine what the families go through. Please do your part in raising awareness for CHDs. It is truly a matter of life and death for many.

Now something totally unrelated...

We do not have a step ladder, so WB took a lesson from the boys in reaching items.


Do you see? He pulled the table over and placed a chair on top. He then stood on the chair to reach the lights in the cathedral ceiling so he could change them out. What else do you do when you do not have a ladder? Maybe it's time we get one... By the way, the red things are silicone hot pads to protect the table from the chair legs. I have to give it to him, he's inventive. He did make sure it was all sturdy before he climbed up, which is more than I can say for kids. And yes, the kids were already in bed so they didn't see Dad doing a no-no.

It is off to work for me tomorrow. I have two long days coming up. I work 12 hr shifts plus have my 45 min to hour commute which makes for 14-15 hour days. Thankfully, I only work 3 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment