Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stepping Out of My Box

This is the first time I have tried this blogging business. I have followed other blogs for years now and finally am stepping out of my box to give it a shot. Keep on truckin' says a lot about our family. We strive not to let life get us down. We know God provides and we trust in Him to continue providing no matter the situation. We just recently took a huge leap of faith. We moved from Michigan to Florida leaving behind the majority of our families. So far things seem to be going well, but we all know how life can throw wrenches at you in the blink of an eye. This blog is to chronicle the happenings of our lives since I'm not a huge scrap booker. I wish I would have thought of this before my kids were born. I also hope that on some level this can keep family back in Michigan updated on what's going on with us.

Florida has definitely been an adjustment. I love the weather right now but I'm not sure how much I will like it when it's 95 degrees and humid. We will surely find out this summer though. Schooling options for the kids are different. Doc doesn't get to go to preschool here. It's a big change for him so he's trying to adjust to that. Mr. X goes to school earlier and has a shorter day. He also has a longer bus ride. Again, more adjustments. He is adjusting amazingly well. I was expecting a more difficult transition from him. I haven't fully stared my new job yet but I will finally get on the floor this next week. I'm excited about that. WB is returning to school after an 8 year leave. He is going back for computer networking and security. It will be right up his ally. We are both excited with this new opportunity. This also means that I am the breadwinner and he will be the stay-at-home parent for now. Another huge adjustment for our family. Doc is having a hard time with that since he is so attached to me. He tells me almost daily, "No Mama, you stay home. Daddy go work." Hopefully the adjustment won't take too long. GQ is doing fine with the whole thing. He's a little too young to understand it fully but he is loving having Daddy home all the time. He is Daddy's side-kick. I am especially excited that I now live closer to my brother. We haven't lived in the same state in 10 years so this is very nice. We don't live close enough to hang out every day or even every week which is OK. However, we work on the same campus so we can do lunch without the distraction of kids on occasion. Overall, I think this is going to be a positive move for our family. Now if only the traffic didn't drive me crazy.... I'm not use to the constant congestion and the increased length of time to get ANYWHERE. We will adjust. That is our mantra for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment