Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Today we remember the sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I watched Passion of the Christ while it was in the movie theaters and it really put in perspective what Jesus did for me. I tend to think of the movie when I think about Jesus dying on the cross for me. I think I do that because it puts a visual to the concept. I'm sure the movie was flawed and I don't take it as truth, especially not as truth over what the Bible tells us. However, it does put a picture in mind of what Jesus went through. I think many times you can hear or read something but until you see it with your own eyes, it's hard to really get a grasp on it. I think that's why faith is so hard for many people.

My mother-in-law sent us these today:


Isn't it pretty?

This week while working, the hospital chaplain came in and prayed over each of us as we were working. It was a very nice gesture and I love that it is allowed and even welcomed on the unit. What surprised me even more was the hospital chaplain praying over the doctor's hands. That is something I never would have seen at my old job. This particular doctor has really been a pleasure to work with. He gets right in there and helps, and he picks up the babies and rocks them when he has time.

Another nice thing here is that Doc was able to do Easter activities at school! That isn't something you would normally find in a public school but they did Easter activities here. Doc decorated an Easter bag for the Easter egg hunt. His bag had a whole row of crosses on it. He also had an Easter mask. He seems to really like it.


Isn't that just precious?!


Change of gears...

Tonight, we put GQ to bed. A little while later we heard a door. We saw that Mr. X was in the bathroom and figured that was the door we heard. The WB went to check on GQ and his bed was empty. WB started looking through the house and I headed toward the front door sure that the door we heard was GQ leaving the house. We found him in the house.


This is where he was.

It only took about 30 sec from start to finish and GQ came out of his hiding spot while we were looking elsewhere for him. Even though it only last 30 sec, it about gave me a heart attack. I'm going to be gray by the time I'm 30 at this rate! For the record, we lock doors at night and he can't unlock them.

I'm tired tonight so I apologize if I don't make any sense. Have a good Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment