Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No Success

Today we took the plunge and tried to potty train GQ and it was a complete failure. He didn't make it in the potty ONE time. He did however proceed to pee on the floor.....repeatedly. I was sure he was ready but I guess not. We'll try again another time but I am not doing the pee on the floor repeatedly for the next month until he is ready. However, I also don't want to miss that window of opportunity. I think we will just stick with encouraging for now but not pushing it. He does love his Thomas underwear though!


Not overly thrilled about me taking his picture.


His little Thomas underwears! I think that little kids in big kid underwear is just so cute!


OK, now he'll smile just a bit.


The Red Wings have their Social Media Fan of the Day. Doc decided he wanted this shirt on. When he was told it was going to be almost 90* today and he needed a short-sleeve shirt, he thought we could just roll up the sleeves. Do you think he could win the Social Media Fan of the Day?

After the potty training adventures today, we decided to pull out the little carpet cleaner we have. We hadn't used it before but it seems to work well. We have it ready to go for the next time we might need it. Afterall, we have a lot of light-colored carpet and 3 boys!


Doc decided that the empty box from the cleaner was a great toy. 


Mr. X had a new friend stop by today to ask if he could play. It was neat having someone come looking for him.




They went out playing with frisbees. Not a one of the boys could throw the frisbee properly but it was hilarious to watch them. WB and I decided that one of these days we'll show them how to throw a frisbee. Mr. X has been trying to get away with not wearing a helmet on his bike. I caught him and said he either wears a helmet or doesn't ride, so he stomped inside in a frump. We talked about how he left his friend outside and his friend might think he doesn't want to play anymore. Mr. X said he likes playing with his friends and wants his friend to come back so out the door he went to go play again. I know this seems like small things but for Mr. X it's a huge social step for him! I am so excited about what this could mean in the future for him. After awhile, he got upset with something his new friend did, so he came in and refused to go back out. I hope his friend comes back again. It's a work in progress for Mr. X though. :)

We ended our day with a good laugh at GQ. He loves to put the blanket over his head and walk around like a ghost....but every time he runs into something. Today he ran into the wall. He always laughs and rarely seems bothered by it so we can't help but laugh.



1 comment:

  1. Cute, I'm glad that Mr. X is gaining new friends (it almost seems like every day). And Doc and GQ have such an imagination on them. Soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete