Today we just hung out. I should've been working on stuff for work but I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself to do it.....maybe next week while the boys are in school. It was nice to just chill. Today was the second time we turned on the AC and GQ slept for a good 3 hrs for nap time. I wonder if he's just been too hot to nap well. His room gets the heat from the sun and the poor boy roasts. I got my new Parents magazine in the mail today and they had a couple recipes in there that I want to try, pumpkin pancakes and blueberry zucchini bread. Doesn't that sound wonderful?! I bet the kids would eat it too! I might have to try them out soon...
Mr. X is always reading the most unusual things. Today he brushed up on his grammar skills and formats for papers.
He was also multitasking and talking to my mom while he learned about writing papers.
He read a bit about pathophysiology and then later pulled out the pharmacology text book. No wonder he comes up with crazy factoids all the time!
GQ was enjoying playing under the dining room chairs.
This is totally me from when I was younger! I use to sit in front of the stereo with it running and read the lyrics while the song played. I caught Mr. X doing the same thing.
He looks so sleepy...
Mr. X was showing Doc how to itch his ear with his foot like a dog.
Doc couldn't quite get it. Mr. X must be more flexible.
This cow was given to Mr. X years ago from my grandpa. The kids have rediscovered it.
They are a bit big for it, don't ya think?
And yet they have fun on it, so why not let 'em ride it? GQ is uninterested in it so at least this way it gets some use. I'm sure one day soon this is probably going to be another toy that needs to be donated...
Doc likes to pose for the camera.
Totally random pictures from our day but I know my family loves to look at pictures of the kids. And I can't help but share their adorable faces.
On a more serious note, I'm glad Congress pulled it together and passed some sort of a budget! It's such a shame that our armed forces had to worry about whether or not they would get paid. Regardless of whether or not the crisis was diverted, it shouldn't have come to that point. I don't know about you, but when I worry about things I'm not always on top of my game in other areas of my life. We can't be adding additional stress to our military men and women while they are putting their lives on the line. It is irresponsible. It sure puts things back into perspective for me as I worry about my stressors when I'm not putting my life on the line nor are my loved ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment