We went to Animal Kingdom first and rode a newer ride. This is Expedition Everest. It goes fast in the dark, fowards and backwards. It was pretty fun but I kept expecting this huge drop that never came.
I loved the scenery of Animal Kingdom.
This is WB and I in front of the Tree of Life. The tree is real and the trunk is all carved. It's pretty neat.
I loved all the waterfalls and trees. This park is shady with a lot of misters and it keeps things much cooler.
We also saw the Festival of The Lion King. I loved the musical with the acrobatics and dancing. I would love to see one of the Cirque de Solei (sp?) shows sometime.
These are some of the carvings in other areas of the park.
The Tree of Life again.
After Animal Kingdom, we went to Magic Kingdom for the true Disney experience.
They have frequent shows at the castle and frequent parades. The parades stop the flow of traffic through the park so can be a bit of a nuisance at times.
The front of the castle. We weren't able to walk through it this time but that's OK.
My favorite ride by far was Space Mountain. It was a blast! I also like Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom. We had a good time with some great friends from MI so it was worth it. Unfortunately, while we were at Disney, Doc got sick...very sick. My mom was amazing though and kept him cleaned up and the house cleaned up. We put him to bed when we came home and then in the morning he seemed to be feeling better. I took Mr. X and GQ with me for Mother's Day breakfast with my parents and siblings before their flight back to MI. It was so nice to visit with them. WB brought Doc over at the end of breakfast so he could say bye to them. Mr. X was pretty teary about the whole thing but did great when it came time to say "see you later". We were hoping to catch the shuttle launch while my parents were in town but it kept getting postponed. WB and I hope to make it to one of the shuttle launches though because it's our last chance and we live close enough that we really should be able to make it.
This week has been busy and full of sickness. I haven't gotten many pictures but I'll tell you, Doc was hilarious yesterday. We had a huge grasshopper/locust thing on our sliding door and Doc kept trying to kill it with his shoe.....but he was inside and the bug was outside. Silly boy. I'm just glad everyone is feeling well today and I hope it stays that way because Doc turns 4 this weekend! Batman birthday coming up!
No comments:
Post a Comment