"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Who would've thought?
I must say that Mr. X has grown by leaps and bounds since we moved here. He is making friends and initiating social interaction. These are things that have been very difficult for him in the past. He's also writing letters to family which helps him practice writing even though he doesn't realize it. I'm working with him on learning to answer questions in the letters and do more of a back-and-forth communication through the letters. I feel that this will help him with social conversations face-to-face as well. I'm so proud of all that he's accomplished.
That said, I didn't expect to hear that he was showing interest in girls. He's not even 8 and he has social difficulties! During Doc's birthday party, Mr. X's friend decided to inform me that Mr. X says he loves the girl that lives next door. Apparently, Mr. X says this at school and claims to like the neighbor girl. Who would have thought that my quiet child who lives in his own world would express something like that at the same age as his peers?! I thought I had awhile yet! On one hand, I'm proud to see him developing socially like this; on the other hand, I'm not ready yet! I had fallen into a sense of security that these types of things would be further down the road for us. Ready or not here it comes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute :)
ReplyDelete