Today we celebrated the fourth birthday of our middle son. We had a wonderful day and the weather was perfect for his outdoor party. We started out the day opening gifts.
He's so excited about his new red motorcycle!
This puzzle is double sided. One side is a fire truck and the other is a rescue scene. He seems to love it. I like that it also has the alphabet and numbers 0-9 hidden in the rescue scene.
A new bike helmet that is necessary for his kid. We went with this one because it has a harder shell than the other helmets.
He put his puzzle together many times today. His batman shirt had to be worn today for his batman birthday party that ended up having some spiderman and red thrown in.
His completed puzzle. The box in the background was for his new bike. His other one was a 12" and just too little for him. This one is a 16" and is just a bit too big. He needs help getting on and then he can ride. He's pretty fast now. I'm not sure what's up with the goofy grin. I kept telling him to smile and this is what he gave me. It reminds me of Chandler from Friends.
The food spread minus the cake.
The goody bags for his friends. We had stickers, tattoos, and paint-your-own trains.
We had a few tables set up for the kids to sit at to eat.
Ladder Ball
Doc riding his new bike. He's pretty good at it. It's not red like he originally wanted but it's the best we could find for that size. There just wasn't a good selection.
His batman cake with 4 candles on it. I haven't ever done the pull-apart cupcake cakes before and this worked out great. No trying to cut pieces and it had some chocolate cupcakes and some white cupcakes. He got to keep the launch tunnel, motorcycle, and batman figurine. He could hardly wait to get those off the cake so he could play with them.
We had about 10 kids total. They played ladder ball, rode bikes, and played with water balloons. I was so proud of Doc because he let quite a few of the other kids ride his new bike. He even let them ride first. I didn't have to prompt him to share or anything. He was so good about it and I couldn't be more proud of how well he shared today. Somewhere, somehow all of what I'm trying to teach him in his interactions with his brothers is sinking in because he played so good with his friends. It truly was a wonderful day and I'm so glad it turned out the way it did. Doc had a blast and loved passing out the goody bags. People would say happy birthday to him and he'd say "Happy birthday to you too!" So sweet.
The kids needed baths after all the playing outside. I was so impressed that Mr. X asked Doc if he wanted to hop in the shower with him. Mr. X usually likes to go alone and first. Doc usually hates the shower and wants a bath. They did so good together. At one point, I heard Mr. X telling Doc to put his head back farther and close his eyes. I went to check on them and found this....
Mr. X was helping Doc wash his hair. He even made sure Doc scrubbed up with the loofa. Doc is independent with the body washing but needs help with his hair. Tonight Mr. X helped him with his hair and I didn't have to do much of anything for shower time for them. It was a great end to a great day.
You have kept me on my toes since before you were born. You are my spit-fire, high energy, daredevil, no fear child. You are sweet, loving, caring, helpful, silly, and full of expressions. You are stubborn with a mind of your own. Today you are 4. Happy birthday Doc! I love you to the moon and back buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment