Tuesday, May 24, 2011

GQ's School

Today I got pictures of GQ going to school. My youngest has officially started school and I'm totally OK with it. I guess that's a good sign that we are ready to move on into the next stages of our lives. He loves school but cries at drop off. I think it will get better over time. We are deciding what to do school-wise for the kiddos next year. GQ can stay where he is at no cost and we can pay a bit extra to have him there all day. Doc can stay where he is at no cost and get an extended stay through VPK. The issue is that they are at different schools and I don't feel Doc is actually learning anything where he is. I don't see them ever working on anything with the kids and Doc doesn't seem to be progressing on anything like counting, letter recognition, etc. Being gone every day from 8 until 5 doesn't leave me much time to work with him and he has a year to get ready for kindergarten. I'm a bit nervous that he won't be ready. At least we have the summer to think it over!


He fell asleep in the car so Daddy carried him most of the way to the door.


Quick picture on the benches outside.



Heading into school.


Showing Daddy the fish tank.


Walking to his class at the end of the hallway.


Hugs before Mom and Dad leave.

I let him show me some things and tried to get him involved in some toys before I left because he didn't want us to go. I always hate leaving when the kids are crying. The teacher reports that he stops crying after a few minutes and is happy the rest of the time there. He'll get better, I'm sure. They work on name recognition, shapes, colors, etc in his class. I'm so happy that he gets to go. He has wanted to stay at Doc's school every day that we've dropped Doc off since before we moved here. Our kids are growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment