Saturday, April 2, 2011

County Fair 2011

We got a Welcome to the Neighborhood packet when we moved in here that included tickets to the fair. We decided to take advantage of the tickets and go today. It was a blast! The kids really enjoyed it and were fairly well behaved. GQ didn't complain much about being in the stroller and the kids stuck close. Mr. X and Doc enjoyed the rides more than they ever have before. It's been awhile since I've had this much fun at a fair and I'm so glad that the boys are getting big enough to ride the rides and that they WANT to ride the rides. Doc is still a little too small for some of the rides but he had fun on the ones he did go on. GQ went on only a few and wasn't really sure what to think. I was surprised at some of the stuff at the fair. They had rib tips and sirloin tips, pulled pork, shrimp and crawfish, fried green tomatoes, ice cream stands all over, and a roller coaster. Maybe it's a southern thing...who knows? The fried green tomatoes were FABULOUS. We had a lot of fun and it was great to have fun together as a family.


Dora was at the fair which Doc thought was cool.....from a distance.


Doc absolutely loved this fire truck.




Crazy Copter. GQ was big enough to go on this with me and the older two.


I'm riding this little roller coaster with Doc and Mr. X is in the car in front of us.


Himalaya. Doc just giggled and giggled on this one.


Mr. X rode with another little boy that was just in front of us in line.


The little kids' train.


Bananas shaped like airplanes...


Anything GQ went on, someone had to go with him so I folded myself into the rides.



Crazy Bus that I rode with all 3 kids.


Tilt-A-Whirl!!


The Riptide Rollercoaster. Unfortunately, all the boys were too short for this one, but Doc and Mr. X wanted on it so badly.


Scrambler


Ferris Wheel with gondolas.



Fairgrounds.



Wiggly Worm.


WB rode the Cliff Hanger. Other than the Ferris Wheel, it was the only ride he rode.


GQ did so well riding all day in the stroller.

It was so good to give WB a break from the house and homework. We all got out and had fun. I would love to start going to the fair again yearly like I did growing up. I think the boys will continue to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo jealous!!! All that good food sounds so good and it makes me hungry! I'm glad you all had fun. Sounds like a blast (again sooo jealous)!!! Just wondering, how did you get so high up to take a picture of the whole fairgrounds? You obviously weren't on the Ferris wheel on account of it was in the picture too. It looks like you were in a helicopter or plane it's so high up! Glad you all had a blast! Wish I was down there with ya at the fair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture was taken from the top of the Ferris Wheel. The blue circular thing you see in the picture was called the Fire Ball and no we didn't go on it. It's one of those closed circle roller coasters.

    ReplyDelete