Why is it that when your to do list just continues to get longer? I feel like I have accomplished very little lately and yet it's not for lack of trying. I thought that we would have a few laid back days this week to just relax and enjoy....Yeah not so much. Today we spend 2 hours at the doctor's office. I must say that the wait time was awful and for an office that sees children, they have NOTHING for them to do. OK well maybe they have 2 puzzles and a table and 3 chairs.....but that keeps kids occupied for all of 2 minutes. I am seriously thinking about donating some of our kids' toys just so the other kids that go there have something to do while they wait, especially if the wait is going to be an hour. Of course, it was always lunch time and nap time for GQ and he was not a happy camper. That said, I do like the doctor. She seems very knowledgeable and really easy to work with. I am so glad that we have found a doctor that we all seem to like. And it's the first doctor we've visited down here! By the time we got done with the doctor's visits and got Mr. X back to school, he had missed lunch. I hung out with him at a picnic table so he could eat before he rejoined his class. It was crazy how the day just seemed to get lost. GQ had two shots today and he did really well. However, that was not the case tonight! He has been pretty cantankerous all afternoon since his nap was cut short. This evening though he was just downright unhappy. Nothing was right and everything was very wrong. Somehow we finally got him settled enough and he went to bed. He fell asleep quickly and seems to be sleeping well.

This was one of the rare moments tonight that GQ wasn't screaming bloody murder and flailing around.
I've also started looking for some exercise/workouts that will tone my transverse abdominals to correct the muscle separation in my stomach. Nothing I can find online lets you watch anything to help explain how to do the exercises nor does any of it sound like fun. We found an app on the blue-ray called GymBox. It has a variety of workouts. One of them is CardioDance and it sounded like it could be fun. Unfortunately, we can only watch 3 minute clips unless we pay a monthly subscription fee. I was kind of bummed about that. Anyways, Mr. X decided he would check out some of them too.
Here he is doing a 3 minute clip of Step Aerobics.
I wouldn't mind finding some way to get something like that in the house that we can try to be more fit as a family. I've heard good things about the Wii Fit. Maybe down the road. In the meantime, we'll stick with just trying to stay active outside. Now if only I could figure out how to get my tummy back in shape to avoid surgery on it.....
The Wii Fit is a very good idea. JD has it and it's super fun!!! Also, going for a short 20 min power-walk or jog will help, too. Another thing that you could get if you got the Wii is the Zumba Dance game. I want to get it for JD's Wii so we can try it out but it looks like fun and it will definitely tone your abs. :) Just trying to help!
ReplyDelete