Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Boy Cuteness

My kids have just been incredibly cute all day today. Sure we've had our moments....all days do, but today they have just been sweet to each other, doing cute things, and so fun to be with. This morning Doc and GQ were playing so nicely together and built a tunnel of sorts to crawl through together. I'm not sure if that's a boy thing to do or just a kid thing but my kids LOVE to crawl through any "tunnel" they can.
 


My mother-in-law has bought a number of large stuffed animals for our kids to enjoy. Lately, they have started playing with them a bit more. Doc insists on Eeyore laying on his legs at night while he's sleeping. He claims he gets scared if he doesn't have Eeyore. So then today, we caught GQ with the elephant.




Elephant Rides at our house!

I was impressed to find all three boys happily playing together. It happens but unfortunately, it is not a daily occurrence in our home. 


Right before taking the picture, Mr. X was turned around facing his brothers. Of course, by the time the camera came out, he had turned away from them to play. They each got motorcycles at Christmas. It's nice because they each have their own so shouldn't fight as much.

Today was the day to turn GQ's bed into a "big boy bed". He climbed out 3 times at nap time before he finally went to sleep. The railing wasn't slowing him down any.


This is his temporary big boy bed until we can get a new mattress, buy a bunch of new sheets, and switch all the beds around. It's going to be a work in progress and today just wasn't the day for all of that. So far, he seems to like the idea of climbing in and out of the bed on his own. We will see how tonight goes. I'm a bit worried about keeping him in his bed. He is one that doesn't go to sleep if he can hear the other kids up. Once he's in bed sleeping, we will put a gate up outside his door. Hopefully that will keep him in his room until we are up in the morning. If not, it's time to talk to the landlord to see if we can put in a lock at the top of the slider so he can't open it. We have a pond in back and he would escape outside. It makes me nervous to say the least. Nor do I relish waking up before 6 am to make sure that I'm up before him every day.

During naps, Mr. X went outside to play with his friends. This is the pond that I worry about GQ going near.



I'm not a huge fan of Mr. X being near the pond, but he knows the rules. If he goes in the pond, he comes inside. Stay away from snakes and other wildlife. Thankfully, we've only seen ducks, geese, herons, swans, and turtles. That doesn't mean that alligators or snakes won't show up though so we have been sure to tell Mr. X to just stay away from the animals.


Doc and GQ love their daily snack after naps. My boys love to eat!

While we waited for GQ's speech therapy, Mr. X and Doc were outside playing. Poor GQ wanted to go out so bad. I pulled out puzzles to keep him busy while we waited.


He worked so hard on getting the pieces in just right.


YAY! He did it!


Then he decided that the animals from the jungle puzzle were better as toys. I had an elephant and he had a giraffe. GQ thought that was hilarious.


GQ has a little airplane that he played with while we waited. Of course, he ran from me the second I tried to get a picture. I just went the opposite direction around the circle to catch him.


Flying his airplane!

Unfortunately, GQ was not very cooperative for his therapy today. He was too busy trying to keep an eye on what his brothers were up to outside. My little escape artist also knows how to open the door into the garage as well. During therapy, we discussed some activities to try to strengthen his mouth muscles. One of them was blowing cotton balls. I think we have a new game that he is going to LOVE.


Look at him pucker!

Now on a more serious note... There is a family that needs all the prayers they can get. I heard about them through Megan's blog. Elisa was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer and Nathan was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal cancer....ONE week apart. They have an 18 month old little girl. Please pray for their family.
Here is their story. Join me in prayer for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment