Monday, March 7, 2011

Heart Singing Today

This weekend has been wonderful! Kids have a way of making your heart sing when you least expect it. Many times it's little things that just give your heart an extra starburst of love for your kids. You feel your heart swell with love for them. It's not that I don't love my kids all the time, I just have moments that are like a quick burst of extra love. Other times, it's the big things that just make your heart sing.




Yesterday GQ looked so adorable helping Daddy carry in groceries. The crack he's stepping over in this picture, he made sure to step over every time. He would stop walking to make sure he didn't step on it. Not sure what that was all about but he made me giggle with it.



GQ was working so hard at getting his pants on after bath time. I can't believe how big he's getting.


GQ was pointing out his eye. He was very insistent about it and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. He's getting better at naming some body parts. Eye he knows well.


GQ was very thirsty after playing outside and found a BIG glass. He was determined to do it himself. I just had to laugh a bit when WB tried to take it away and GQ spilled it down the front of him.


This is Doc's first time jumping on a trampoline. He had so much fun. I love watching them experience new things!


Mr. X's friend has the trampoline. This is the first time I've seen Mr. X truly enjoy. I am so happy that he is making friends because that has been a struggle for him in the past. He enjoys being with other kids now and he's such a good big brother that he doesn't even mind Doc tagging along.


Mr. X lost another tooth. He gets so proud of it and loves to try to show it off. This time though, it just fell out of his mouth. He wasn't messing with it or anything. WB found it on the floor!


Sometimes, I can't quite put my finger on what makes my heart swell for my boys. The pictures above are some examples but not all of them have a real clear rhyme or reason. However, my heart is just singing this weekend for an even BIGGER reason. Mr. X has started reading the Bible.


And not just a kid's Bible, but the full on version!


Mr. X spent a short while studying it yesterday while Doc looked at the Story Bible. Then today, Mr. X was glued to the Bible for a few hours. I'm sure he doesn't fully understand (and probably isn't even fully reading it) and that's OK, but he's showing interest and that just warms my heart. I have been so worried about his lack of interest in God and Jesus. This weekend he was all about Our Savior! We had a good talk today led by him. We talked about disobeying God and how it all started with Adam and Eve. He told me that he learned in church today that Jesus died on the cross so we discussed why Jesus died on the cross. It was wonderful! My heart is just soaring and singing. I am so amazed at the changes I've seen in Mr. X lately, but this takes the cake! He told me to remind him that he's on Ezra 2. God is working in Mr. X and I am so thankful. Mr. X's interest has also inspired Doc to be somewhat interested. Almost every night we read Chuck & Friends for his bedtime story. Tonight he wanted something different.


This is a Beginner's Bible for kids that reads more like a set of stories. This is the Story Bible that Doc looked through briefly yesterday. And THIS is what we read at bedtime tonight by Doc's choosing. I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment