Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quiet Day

We didn't have a whole lot going on today. WB worked on school work and I hung out with the boys. It was a sweet day indeed.

GQ is so silly dancing to his own tune.


Doc just loves to have his picture taken so he poses so sweetly.


GQ was climbing on me when I snapped this picture.


The boys sat and watched the little lizards outside for a little while. They are so fascinated by the lizards here. Here was our conversation at lunch time:
Me: "Boys it's time for lunch"
Doc: "The newt is hungry too"
WB: "We don't have any food for the newt"
Doc: "Eats grass"
WB: "No, the newt eats bugs"
Mr. X initially called the little lizards "newts" so that's what they are called here. I did some basic research today and I'm not entirely sure what kind of lizard we have but the lizard doesn't really look like the online pictures of the newts.


Mr. X gets his love of books and reading from me. We were like two peas in a pod today. He is a lot like me in some respects. He got home from school with his new AR book and decided to plop down next to me on the couch to read.

I was made aware of the wine Colby Red through a blog I read (this post at The Journey of the Johnsons). It is a wine that was developed to help support CHD research after the winemaker's son, Colby, had 2 back-to-back open heart surgeries. The wine is unique and made from 5 different types of grapes. You can read more about it at www.colbyred.com. We decided to give it a try but we are saving it for when the kids go to bed.



If it tastes good, it will be my new favorite just because it supports a good cause. For some reason, CHDs sit heavily on my heart. I feel drawn to them and would love to someday be involved in helping victims of CHDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment