Today was a pretty laid back day. Nowhere to go, WB worked on schoolwork, and we just hung out. However, changes are in the works, but I'll get to that in a minute. We pulled out crayons and paper for the boys today. We let them color in the living room since WB had his schoolwork all over the kitchen table.
The were so innocently coloring together. It was really sweet.
Then it was time to take the crayons away because GQ colored on the carpet. Have I mentioned we have a rental? Coloring anywhere but paper is NOT a good idea in a rental. I think we got it out but I wasn't taking any more chances with that today. Speaking of the house being a rental... We have a pond out back. Unfortuantely, we do not also have a fence. The good thing about this is that we have a clear view of the pond and can do things like...
Turtle Watch!
This is how Doc was initially trying to use the binoculars. He started hollering for help to see the turtles.
Today was the first time that we went on a bike ride as a family. We haven't ever really done that before so it was really nice.
Here the guys are getting ready. I was finishing up with some things in the house and they were waiting for me. WB is actually on my bike with the Burley. GQ rides in the Burley and the other two biked with us.
We ended up separating because Doc's bike is a bit too small for him. He pedals as fast as his little legs will go and yet he still doesn't go very fast. Mr. X was getting impatient and kept riding ahead so I went with Mr. X and WB went Doc's pace. Good thing Doc has a birthday coming up...
Doc is also very into motorcycles. I think I've mentioned that before. Anyways, he has a motorcycle that he rides through the house and sometimes he really gets into it.
I'm not sure what gave him the idea to turn Mr. X's helmet backwards so that it looked like a "motorcycle helmet". He has all the noises to go with it and everything. The saying on his shirt is totally fitting for our Doc. He is fearless!
I just had to include this picture as further proof that GQ is such a Daddy's boy. He refuses to let me put him to bed. I can't hardly even get a hug and kiss from him before bed unless Daddy is holding him. GQ is all about Dad and it's so sweet. At least he runs up to me full of hugs and excitement when I come home from work. I do get to feel the love sometimes. :) I couldn't handle more than the one Mama's boy anyways. Doc gets way too territorial over me. He protests about me putting GQ to bed almost as much as GQ does.
Speaking of Doc being attached to me.... changes are coming. Doc is starting preschool! He is going to go to school from 8 to 2. Sometimes he seems excited about it, other times not so much. I think it will be fine once he starts but he is going to go through an adjustment period...especially when I'm off from work for the day. School is so good for him though and he loves being with other kids. Plus, it will give WB more time to focus on his school work because he won't be trying to play referee all morning. GQ will likely be happy to sit and color next to him or play while WB studies. WB is very good about taking breaks and spending time with his boys too so GQ will eat that right up. One on one time with Daddy! Then in May, WB will start taking classes at the college instead of online. Things are starting to come together but as each thing comes together, it means just a bit more change. Eventually, we will be settled and we are working toward it every day. Life is constantly changing though so we might as well get use to it!
On a side note, I am devastated for the people of Japan. So many lives have been lost and so many more impacted by this tragedy. It put a shadow over GQ's birthday in our household even though we do not know anyone there personally. My heart breaks for everyone involved as I watch footage and read stories. It's a reminder to be continually grateful for the things I do have because it could all be gone in seconds. I am so thankful to have Jesus as my Savior. My heart is saddened by the lives lost and by the knowledge that at least some of them, if not the majority, did not have Jesus in their lives. My prayers are with the people of Japan...
No comments:
Post a Comment