Monday, March 21, 2011

New Developments

Sunday was a rough day. We had a great morning at church and the kids seemed fairly excited to go to church (which is so wonderful). Unfortunately, it just went downhill from there. Doc didn't want to listen for nothing all day long. We are trying some new discipline techniques and I'm hoping that it gets better-going at some point. Doc didn't want to stay buckled on the drive home. He just was unhappy with everything. Then after naps, it didn't get any better. Doc's attitude rubbed off on GQ so GQ was unhappy with everything and Doc was still not listening. That boy can be so stubborn, obstinate, defiant, etc.


GQ displaying his unhappiness.


GQ grumpily telling Doc it's time to go in.

Like always though, there are the moments of sweetness that just make you melt. Mr. X blew me away when he brought me this


"Here Mom. I love you. This is for you."

Mr. X has not ever really brought me flowers. I have an inkling that he might have been encouraged to do it by his little friend C next door. Either way, it made my heart melt. It was really very sweet. I kept the flower of course and I smile whenever I look at it.


Lately, Mr. X has been very big into cars. He is learning about cars and how to draw them from his library book this week. He asked on Sunday, "What stroke engine does our car have?" Then proceeded to ask, "What stroke engine does a Ford Model T have?" The things this kid comes up with out of the blue!


For some reason, GQ likes to snuggle down under his blanket from time to time. He was peeking out over it to look outside. If only he was always content to just snuggle under the blanket....

Instead, today GQ learned how to climb out of his crib. I knew it was coming but I am so NOT ready for him to be in a big boy bed. Not so much because it means he's growing up, but more because I'm worried that he'll take off outside at 6 am while everyone else is still sleeping. It looks like we will be transitioning to a big boy bed whether I'm ready or not.

2 comments:

  1. If Mr. X is interested in cars, maybe when JD starts working on cars more and if you guys are able to bring the boys up to visit or something, Mr. X can help JD with fixing a car or something. Or learning about them with JD. Do you think he'd like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Mr. X would get a kick out of that Shae.

    ReplyDelete