Mr. X is a big brother to not one but two little brothers! Doc is getting bigger every day. He is growing by leaps and bounds. He informed me today that "I big boy now, not baby." His semantics are a bit off and his words aren't always clear but it's improving. I love that I can understand more of what he says now. He is so attached to me and he knows how to melt me. I don't know what it is about that boy. Doc is just a charmer I guess.
Doc is full-speed ahead all day long. He is exhausting. He has always been happy-go-lucky and usually still is. He takes good naps and he just loves to be with other kids.
He wants so badly to keep up with his older brother. And yet, Doc is still attached to the blanket and the thumb. He is leaving his blanket behind more though and sometimes I can get him to leave it in his room. He even wanted his blanket washed after dinner the one night. He insisted on it even though it meant he had to go to bed without it. He did great! I was so proud of him. Of course, that didn't last but it's a baby step.
Doc loves to be outside and has always enjoyed the outdoors. He loved watching the trees when he was a baby. So Mr. X is my bookworm/computer kid and Doc is the outdoorsy type. I think Doc is going to be active and love all things outdoors. I could be wrong but that just seems to fit his personality.
So then what about GQ? I have yet to figure him out. Like I said, I can't believe he's almost 2. Yet, at the same time, he is so different than he was when he was born that it seems like it has been much longer. GQ was kind of grumpy the first 7 months of his life. He didn't sleep the greatest and he wanted you to hold him and move all day long. He is prone to his tantrums if he doesn't get his way even now.
He is determined to keep up with Doc and has become our little escape artist.
He tries to sneak out the back door when he doesn't think we are looking. Unfortunately, there is a pond back there with no fence so we have to keep a VERY close eye on him. As renters, there isn't much we can do about it.
He also takes off down the street on his plasma car and we have to chase him down to get him to come home. He thinks it's HILARIOUS. Mom and Dad, not so much. Oh well, it's good exercise for us.
He doesn't sit still much and you have to chase him down for most anything whether it's meals, diaper changes, bedtime, or the like. However, GQ is usually very compliant when it comes to baths and leaving for outings.
And he isn't as grumpy these days. I just love that handsome smile and his curly hair! He went from being practically bald to having wonderful curls. How is it that the sullen, grumpy, and clingy baby from 2 yrs ago has developed into the outgoing, crazy, goofy, happy boy with a temper that we know and love today?! In two short years, GQ has changed so much. Some things have stayed the same in his personality, but for the most part he is a completely different kid. He is most likely our last, and as I watch his 2nd birthday approach, I am just more in awe of who he has become each and every day.
Switching gears now... I wanted to share a meal that we stumbled across. These are Southwestern Turkey, Corn, and Chile Enchiladas.
That just makes my mouth water. They are so good and it's not too hard to make. Now if only we could inspire the kiddos to want to eat them. Anyways, here is the link to the recipe. You should try it!
No comments:
Post a Comment